Loperamide Hydrochloride Tablets IP 2 mg
WHAT THESE TABLETS DO
These tablets contain Loperamide Hydrochloride which is used to treat diarrhoea (loose bowels), by slowing down the movements of your intestine to prevent loose bowels. Loperamide Hydrochloride 2mg Tablets can be used to relieve short term sudden attacks of diarrhoea in adults and children aged 12 years and over. If the condition does not get better within 24 hours, please speak to your doctor or pharmacist These tablets can also be used by adults of 18 years and over who have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), which has been previously diagnosed by a doctor, to relieve short term diarrhoea associated with it.
CHECK BEFORE YOU TAKE
The following information should be read before using this product
Do not take these tablets if you:
- Are allergic to Loperamide Hydrochloride, similar medicines or any of the other ingredients listed in section 6.
- If it is for a child aged under 12 (or under 18 for an IBS patient).
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis.
- If you are constipated, or your stomach appears swollen (especially in children with severe dehydration).
- If you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature.
- If any of these applies to you, talk to a doctor or pharmacist and do not take these tablets.
- Take special care and tell your doctor if you:
- If you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the tablets immediately and contact your doctor.
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If you have diarrhea that lasts for more than 48 hours.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars as these tablets contain lactose.
- If you have severe diarrhea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal.